The iM3 Vet-Tome® is a major advancement in tooth extraction.
The patented Vet-Tome is an automated periotome with foot pedal operation that offers precise tooth extraction with minimal or no alveolar bone loss and less trauma. The electric Vet-Tome uses ultra-thin (flexible) stainless steel tips/blades coupled with the mechanical in and out action generated by the handpiece to cut the periodontal ligament.
- Ultra-thin tips allow easy insertion into the periodontal ligament space on all canine & feline teeth.
- The flexible tips bend (unlike rigid tips) and follow the curve of the root, the tip (40mm long) will reach the apex of most canine teeth, making it ideal for canine extraction.
- The mechanical in and out action of the tip generated by the electric handpiece advances the tip into the PDL, reducing the physical work normally associated with extractions.
- The non-twisting action of the Vet-Tome results in minimal tissue damage compared to units that reciprocate or use gentle vibration.
- The Vet-Tome tip does not generate heat.
- 10 adjustable power settings and different sized veterinary specific tips for small cats to large dogs, and even up to lions!
- The Vet-Tome operates independently from your air driven dental unit allowing both units to function at the same time, increasing overall dental efficiencies.
- Educational extraction videos performed by Dr Anthony Caiafa BVSc BDSc MANZCVS are supplied with the system.
Watch one of Dr Anthony's videos here - iM3 Vet-Tome in Action